*Please enter CURBSIDE in the promo code box on the final page of checkout if you would like to do curbside pick-up*
I know there is evidence for and against, but in more ways than one, I am willing to try the 'for' side of it. The more of us wearing masks, perhaps, the less we will spread Covid-19. I redesigned an ok fitting olsen mask to fit much better around the face, and sized it to fit from 3 to 6 year olds, to a much larger adult face.I also include a hepa-filter that I hope will increase effectiveness - I will do this until I run out of the material I have. The Corona virus is 0.3 microns, and the vacuum bag material that I have purchased is said to filter down to .3 microns for particles. I am not saying that these will be 100% effective, as no mask is, but from the research, masks that are made of tightly woven cottons that are layered, can be up to approximately between 60% to 70% effective, and with the hepa-filter layer, their effectiveness is increased. All of this being said:
- the masks will be made in our studios where we disinfect all high touch surfaces that we are using, including tables, chairs, machines, door knobs, and tools. And of course, we are washing our hands regularly.
- The masks themselves, will be a variety organic cotton knits and/ or wovens, layered with a pocket to put a filter inside.
- I will provide the first filter
- The Hepa filters are made from new Hepa Vacuum Bag fabric. They do not have fibreglass in them. For more info and links to research that I did, you can check out it out here. The filters are replaceable, but the tricky thing is to find them. I will be sharing the template that I made very shortly so you can replace yours easily -for the time being - you can also just trace your initial filter. Also, the above link gives a few alternatives.
- The ties fit the top of the head, and the base of the neck with a cordlock toggle to make it easier to put on.
- The cost of the masks pay for materials & fair wage labor. Labour will include myself and my wonderful sewers, Lily, Myra, and Bri, who are low on work as many of us are - and who have mad sewing skills. And my sister, Lyndi who does all the behind the scenes organization so I can concentrate on design, cutting, and production.
- The masks will take about 10-14 days to cut, sew, and package from July 3, 2020.
- If you'd like to do curbside pick up, enter CURBSIDE on the final page of checkout in the promo code/discount box to negate shipping charges.
- If you live in Calgary, you will be able to do curbside pick-up or have them mailed. If you live outside of Calgary, they can be mailed. Shipping will vary depending on where you live, and how fast you would like your mask(s)
- Curbside pick-up will be at cSpace
- Lastly, I want to state that I am not a hepa filter or mask expert or scientist in any terms. I did research that I can share with you if you would like. I am, however, a quality designer and maker, and I do know fibers, so I will use the highest count cottons I have; And, to the best of my ability, I will build the best masks that I can.
To our collective health and efforts in the days to come.
Designer & Founder
Prints still available: updated Sunday June 28, 2020, 12:00 am GMT
(M): Spring Floral, Pineapple Paradise, Black Floral, Bikes, Geo Gold Boxes, Geo Gold Butterflies, Cardinals, Black Slub, Whales, Denim Slub, Heather Forest Bamboo, Penguins, Round Robin, Western Birds
Spring Floral, Pineapple Paradise, Black Floral, Bikes, Geo Gold Boxes, Geo Gold Butterflies, Cardinals, Spaceships & Robots, Black Slub, Whales, Denim Slub, Heather Forest Bamboo, Penguins, Round Robin, Birds in Flight, Western Birds, Mushroom Parade
3 yr to 6 yr: Spring Floral, Black Floral, Geo Gold Boxes, Geo Gold Butterflies, Cardinals, Whales, Penguins, Round Robin
7 yr to 12 yr: Spring Floral, Pineapple Paradise, Black Floral, Bikes, Geo Gold Boxes, Geo Gold Butterflies, Cardinals, Spaceships & Robots, Whales, Penguins, Round Robin
If you want to order a mask, and you do not make this order - please email email@example.com, and we will put you on the list for the next order.
Thank you for your ongoing support!